The Old Swedes Foundation seeks a tour guide to offer tours of Old Swedes Historic Site from March to December.Guides will be trained in leading tours and will learn the history of the site and the founding of New Sweden.
To Apply: Email résumé, two references, and letter of interest to Jane Conlon, Education & Visitor Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Closing Date: August 31
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Comfort working with children and leading school group activities.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Stamina for tours.
- Outgoing personality.
- Ease with museum visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
- An interest in local and national history.
- A desire to share enthusiasm for the site and its history in a thoughtful way.
- Maturity, curiosity, dedication, collaboration, initiative, and reliability.
Guide will be scheduled Friday or Saturday.
Part-time (12-15 hours per month plus special events and school groups)
$10 per hour paid monthly.
Onsite parking available.
Duties – Guides will:
- Welcome and check-in guests.
- Lead tours through the Hendrickson House, Old Swedes Church, and burial grounds.
- Sell admissions, memberships, and museum shop items.
- Assist with school groups.
- Work at special events (approx. 5-7 per year) scheduled at Old Swedes.
- Help with special projects.
- Assist with off-site programs.
- Open and close site.
- Perform duties as identified by Education Coordinator.