Visitor Services Representative – Part Time
The Old Swedes Foundation seeks a visitor services representative/guide to offer tours of our unique historic property, Old Swedes Historic Site, during our open season (March-December).Guides will be trained in leading tours and will learn the history of the site and the area.
Qualifications for this position include:
- An outgoing personality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Stamina for tours
- Ease with museum visitors of all ages and backgrounds
- An interest in local and national history, Swedish culture and customs
- A desire to share enthusiasm for the site and its history in a thoughtful way
- Maturity, curiosity, dedication, collaboration, initiative, and reliability
- Bachelor’s degree (relevant field) preferred
Part-time (6-12 hours per week, $10 per hour)
Guide will be scheduled on Fridays, with 1 Saturday per month
Duties – Guides will:
- Lead tours through the Hendrickson House and Old Swedes Church, and their associated collection items.
- Speak about and lead tours through the 1638 Burial Ground
- Welcome and check-in guests
- Sell admissions, memberships, and museum shop items
- Assist with school groups
- Work at special events (approx. 5 per year) scheduled at Old Swedes
- Help with special projects
- Open and close Visitor Center
To Apply: Email résumé, two references, and letter of interest describing related experience and why Old Swedes Historic Site appeals to you to Jane Conlon, Education & Visitor Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.
End Date: July 8