Family History & Genealogy Information
Old Swedes Foundation does not have the resources to conduct more than a very limited amount of research. All our work is performed by volunteers and their time is limited. We can offer the following services:
- Baptism or marriage records -- We will search for specific named individuals in the church records for a fee of $25.00 per individual. This includes photocopies of the event(s) from printed copies of the church records.
- If you want confirmation of the above records (a letter attesting to them, with the church seal), there will be an additional $5.00 for each individual (making a total of $30.00 for both items).
- Burial records -- We will search the church records to see if, when, and where members of a specific family were buried in the church yard for a fee of $25.00 per family. This includes photocopies of the event(s) from printed copies of the church records and a letter attesting to the information.
Please include the following information with your inquiry:
- your name and return address
- telephone number (in case the researcher requires additional information)
- the name of the person(s) for whom you are seeking information
- what type of search you wish to have conducted (baptism, marriage, burial)
- the approximate date of the event - if known
- a check for the proper fee, payable to Old Swedes Foundation
- photos (research) — no copy